creating more effective leaders
Is there a leader in your organization who is described as
- “Difficult to work with”
- “Rubs people the wrong way”
- “Technically brilliant but not socially skilled”
As an Executive or HR Director, you may be thinking that there’s no hope – that abrasive leaders can’t change OR that the person is so valuable that you’ll put up with almost anything to keep them. They might be a star physician, sales person, lawyer, key technical wizard or in any other important role.
And, at this point, you also know deep down that the organization can’t tolerate the abrasive behavior anymore because the cost and the risk are too great. You may even be worried that a lawsuit could be filed. And, you even find yourself avoiding the abrasive leader yourself. You want to be more competent at dealing with this situation.
There is hope. There’s a specialized coaching program proven to be successful with abrasive leaders. The specialized coaching for abrasive leaders uses tools to easily overcome the denial characteristic of abrasive leaders and teaches them to develop insight and the capacity to change their behavior. They really can change.
Free Article on Abrasive Leader Solutions
Why Don’t Organizations Intervene?
- Concern that addressing the issue will make it even worse. It seems easier to tiptoe around the abrasive leader.
- The situation seems hopeless – you’ve tried everything and nothing changes
What’s at Stake?
- Others assume that the behavior is acceptable and begin to copy the abrasive leader.
- Sub-par performance from everyone. By not getting the best out of all employees, results are diminished for all. Can you afford that?
Solutions – How We Support You
Brave Heart Consultants will work with you to effectively intervene with the abrasive leader. We always recommend starting with Coaching the Leader.
The Coaching Process
The process is a 5 Phase Program that will typically take 6-7 months.
Phase 1 – Understand and assess your unique situation. Develop a plan.
Phase 2 – 360 degree feedback process.
Phase 3 – Coaching for abrasive manager.
Phase 4 – Three month assessment.
Phase 5 – Sustainability Plan.
We will work with you and your team to find solutions for complex challenges.
We’ll work with you and your management team increase accountability throughout the organization.